Aug 1, 2009

The Advantage of not selling your articles

Hello Friends,
Many of you were stunned by my success story and wanted to know how I earned $88 in a week. I see this article writing as a business for a short term gains. But today I am going to tell you an advantage of not selling your articles according to my personal experience.
I had written a 500+ words article for a client and was expecting $3 for that hard work of mine. The article was on 'cigarette smoking' and it was titled as How to Treat smoking addiction. I was waiting for the time when that $3 would go in my Paypal and I give my client the article. Suddenly a message was sent by the client on Digital Point saying that he did not want the article any more. I was more than frustrated and I tried to sell it later directly on DP. The people there were asking the article for $1.50 and that amount was like I would be selling my soul. Frustrated that I was I kept the text file of my article on my hard drive.
Now, as I had posted before, Triond is a genuine site which pays on impressions and PPC for your articles published by them. They don't take away author's rights and hence the article will be 'mine' and I will be getting royalties all my life. So I decided to publish that article on Triond.
On 30th July, I submitted my article and within a few minutes, my article got published which normally Triond takes a day to publish.
My article did not make it to hot content, but I was amazed that my article was ranked 8th on the 31st July, 2009 on HealthMad blog, a Triond sister site. This is an achievement for me, as I was ranking among the best authors' works and as I got 80 hits on the article in a single day which no other articles could get. And as I said it was still 'mine' not Triond's.

I should be grateful to the client who rejected my article. Thanks Uncle! I will earn more than $3 on that article now. How? I already earned 12 cents from that article in a single day and the article is going to be on the site givng me lifetime royalties. Meaning the money the client was going to give me will be covered in a month, at least $3 a month single handedly from this article will be a great success. But still I won't stop writing for my clients as with a slow passive money, I need regular active quick bucks.
So think twice before you sell your articles written with total dedication and hard work to make quick money from home. Thanks and give me your views on it.

12 comments:

sid said...

Wow i never knew that you could earn so much from Triond. I'm a member of Triond myself but i could never get much traffic into my site. Getting into the Top ten ranks on HealthMad blogs is an acheivement in itself. Well congrats to you on your achievement. I guess your client not wanting your article turned out to be a blessing in disguise..

Maastar said...

Yeah man, I am happy 'bout it now. It really was a blessing in disguise! Thanks for stopping by!

J said...

WOW! congratulations on that achievement.

that was a blessing in disguise. having your article rejected by another, brought you more good luck in another site.

i am not a member of triond, i tried bukisa but had no luck there, i think. i got only 1 cent on my first day there.

the highest payment i ever received for an article i wrote was $7.50, which i thought i will not get paid for. never really expected the payment and last week i received it after a month.




congrats,
jayrene

adsf asdf asdf said...

Amazing! Congratulations with that, $88 in a week! Boney, can I publish your story in my blog? I will make an introduction, then quote (copy & paste) your blog for 'Advantage of Not Selling Your Article', then I will put the citation - link to your blog... for sure, they will read it and want to visit your site thru the link I will include, that is if you'll agree.

I hope you'll agree. : )

Maastar said...

Hello Lynell,
I would love that! And I just came from your blog. I advice you to claim your blog at Technorati.com if you want lots of visitors to your site. Just a friendly suggestion The fwebtraffic thing is against Google's TOS and they may ban you from Adsense. But if you are not using Google Adsense, it will be fine!
You are free to blog about my success story and please link back if you liked it.
Regards.

shashank said...

I like your attitude,bro.Congratulation on your articles's success.Its really a cool article.More informative & inspiring.I am also thinking to write an article on Global Warming.Would u help me?

Maastar said...

Oh Shashank, I am happy to help my readers any time on anything, be it blogging, writing articles or be it bringing traffic to blogs.
Regards.

Sarah said...

Thats good for you, however lets hope trond doesn't shut down and that they will grow so you get more money.

chi kuy twi said...

Amazing! You deserves the best and for your hard work. After reading this topic of yours, I am thinking to not sell some of my articles to other sites. Instead, I better concentrate on triond or on my blogs. Keep up the good work.

jeadams7 said...

I am very grateful for this post. This really opens up more doors and opportunities for me to expand my income and growth in the market when it comes to writing and publishing articles.

I will definitely be keeping an eye on this blog for a lot of future information and reference material.

I wish you the best of luck with your internet success!

Unknown said...

wow! that was great. Actually I never knew triond of such a great money earning opportunity. I have been a part of payperpost and paying post for some time now and writing posts on my blog for some dollars from opportunities that I get from. For the last 2 months I haven't earned anything from them. I had 2 private postings for 1$ each and that was it. I was actually looking for something like thing - Triond. Thanks for letting me know about it.

mmohanc said...

wow, 80 hits. yes i would surely register to this site hoping lots from u