May 31, 2009

SEO TIPS

Hey guys and girls, like-minded link exchangers and all my readers. Things have not been going as planned and I am having bad times too. One of my blogs is no more a part of blogexplosion.com, the Technorati ranking for that blog has slipped miserably, almost all the traffic sources are nearly exhausted. So there is a need of traffic if things want to get going.
So there is only one solution to this-we need SEARCH ENGINE TRAFFIC!!! Why? Lets see why..


This is what you can call my homework which I have been doing for some days now. All these things have opened my eyes, and made me think out of the box. The very concept of Link Exchanging has been shattered in my mind and it may take a while for a recovery.

First of all, there are millions and millions of websites and blogs out there. Every day thousands of blogs are claimed at Technorati.com, after some days search engines like Google and Yahoo crawl with their bots in the blogs and index the sites and look for keywords in them and there is an intense competition for high ranking keywords. The competition is even worser when it comes to a Make money blog like mine. After all everybody wants to appear on the front page of Google.

Now what are these keywords? Basically these keywords are the phrases or words which describe your site and people type these into the search engines to find what they want, if they want tips for making money they will type 'make money tips' or something like that. The more popular the keyword, the more
people use it and the more competition for it.

Secondly, the concept which I had created in my mind after reading someone's article regarding link exchange(I never observed it until today that it was dated to 2006!) I took it for granted that 'yes exchanging links can help!'. But its only partially true. Link exchanges help only when it is done with a site which is related to your site. I read somewhere that you can even exchange links with forums related to your site. Sports sites can only link to sports related sites. It wont help if sports sites link with music blogs or recipe blogs.

Moreover, the links should be text and not a banner or a graphic. I had one like minded blog linking to me via a banner, till only when I requested him that it should be a text. He fixed it right away.
One article regarding SEO(Search Engine Optimisation) and link exchanging on digg.com read:
"'Only text links will count towards what is called a 'Back link'. Linking to other sites do not help your site, It helps the site you are linking to. A 'Back link' is where a site links 'Back' to your site. These links help your pagerank.'"

More than that Google looks for what are called as the anchor links. These anchor links are text links which contain your site's keywords. Like for example, if your blog is related to making money online and you want to rank higher for say 'Make Money Online' you should tell the sites linking to you that they should link to you with this phrase. If many sites link to you with this phrase, your site can end up ranking in top places in Google or Yahoo for this phrase. And most importantly this phrase should be in your site's description as well as your site's content.

Why am I telling you all this is because we need traffic and not only that, we need genuine and targeted traffic,we need people which are interested in our site's topic. This can be only achieved from Search Engine Traffic. And search engine traffic is consistent, because if you rank high in search engines, then more people link back to you and you get more targeted traffic.

Its great that I rank top for I SEEK DOLLARS, but I know that I wont get traffic for I $EEK DOLLAR$ as this is not a very popular phrase neither is 'College Kids Quest for Cool Cash Online', but with time I will look for some popular keywords and optimise this blog for those. I know its a lengthy process and even if I would optimise this blog, chances are that it may take months to rank for those keywords. Updating regularly can boost it.

Surely this has been a fun experience and an eye opener for me and the study was worth it and you too will agree with me on this point that this surely is gonna help you too. So check out which keywords related to your site's topic do people search and optimise your site for those and be sure to keep your site updated or else your rank will drop.

2 comments:

Ashish said...

hi

I really liked your blog and have a blog that is of the same theme of making money online. Please check my blog at http://makefreedollarsonline.blogspot.com/

I want to exchange a link with you. If you are interested do contact me through the contact me form on my blog.
Thanks

Blogger said...

Discover how 1,000's of people like YOU are making a LIVING online and are living their dreams TODAY.

Get daily ideas and methods for making THOUSAND OF DOLLARS per day ONLINE for FREE.

GET FREE ACCESS NOW